INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. , September 12, 2007 — BioCrossroads announces three new members to its Board of Directors. Dr. France Cordova, President of Purdue University, and Dr. Michael McRobbie, President of Indiana University, have been added to the board, demonstrating the continued support of Purdue and IU leadership to BioCrossroads. Nathan Feltman, Chief Executive Officer of the Indiana Economic Development Corporation, has also joined the board.
Dr. Cordova replaces former Purdue President Dr. Martin Jischke and Dr. McRobbie takes the place of Dr. Adam Herbert, Indiana University’s former President. The addition of Feltman to the board in his role as the Indiana Secretary of Commerce/CEO IEDC represents the state’s commitment to BioCrossroads’ efforts. Charles Schalliol served on the board in his former role as the Director of the State Office of Management and Budget, and will continue to remain on the board as an at large, life sciences member.
“The caliber of our board is unmatched; this group of senior leaders from Indiana’s industry, academic and government sectors is truly a great asset to our state and to the life sciences network,” said Dr. August Watanabe, Chairman of the Board of BioCrossroads. “We’ve seen several success stories so far this year, and more opportunities are headed this way.”
“As Indiana continues to grow in its role as a life sciences leader, having strong collaboration from our key thought leaders is critical. This stellar group of board members contributes to our successes,” said David Johnson, President of BioCrossroads. “BioCrossroads sees momentum building throughout the state, and we continue to lay the investment foundation for future growth.”
Continuing in their roles as Board Members are:
- Dr. D. Craig Brater – Vice President Life Sciences and School of Medicine Dean, Indiana University
- Dr. Thomas Burish, Provost, University of Notre Dame
- Wayne Burris – Senior Vice President and CFO, Roche Diagnostics Corporation
- Daniel Evans – President and CEO, Clarian Health Partners
- David Johnson – President & CEO, BioCrossroads
- Mark Miles, President and CEO, Central Indiana Corporate Partnership
- Dr. Samuel Nussbaum – Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, WellPoint, Inc.
- Dr. Steven Paul – Executive Vice President for Science and Technology, Eli Lilly and Company
- Jerome Peribere – President and CEO, Dow AgroSciences
- Hon. Bart Peterson – Mayor, City of Indianapolis
- Daniel Peterson – Vice President Industry and Government Affairs, Cook Group, Inc.
- Dr. Charles Rutledge – Vice President for Research, Purdue University
- Charles Schalliol – Counsel, Baker & Daniels
BioCrossroads (www.biocrossroads.com) is Indiana’s initiative to grow the life sciences, a public-private collaboration that supports the region’s research and corporate strengths while encouraging new business development. BioCrossroads provides money and support to life sciences businesses, launches new life sciences businesses, expands collaboration and partnerships among Indiana’s life science institutions, expands science education and markets Indiana’s life sciences industry.